10th Anniversary of Zaidee being an organ and tissue donor.
10 years ago Zaidee grew her angel wings and now lives in the Rainbows of heaven.
This is the day in which we think about our daughter Zaidee more so than any other day of the year.
It is also the 10th Anniversary of 7 people who received Zaidee gifts.
This day 10 years ago our world collapsed for Kim, Jaz and I.
It was a day that we wished never happened, but it did and now Zaidee’s memory and what she has done from heaven is such an incredible journey we have all been on.
Today Zaidee’s Rainbow Foundation is the strongest we have ever been.
Today we look back and reflect on what we have achieved over this 10 years.
The impact that Zaidee’s Rainbow Foundation has had in the community over the past 10 years.
- Zaidee’s Rainbow Shoelaces has become the people’s choice as Australia’s National Symbol for organ and tissue donor awareness and education.
- ZRF is Australia’s only not-for-profit charity that develops national awareness events and campaigns in every state and territory every year.
- Zaidee’s Rainbow Shoelaces have sold and freely given away to or over 1-million supporters over the past 9 years.
- ZRF has developed very strong links into the elite sporting codes, which helps drive the organ and tissue message each year, in fact the highest profile of any charity in the space of sport that Australia has ever seen by far.
- ZRF sells and distributes a range of merchandise products that can be purchased either online or through a number of national retail partners in which the community can wear and reflect their support for this subject nationally.
- ZRF launched Australia’s first ever-online schools educational program in 2012 zaideeschool.orgaimed at educating 7 to 16 year olds.
- ZRF has obtained the support of a number of high profile sporting and Community Ambassadors who assist in driving this message nationally – such as Aaron Finch Captain of Australian T20 cricket team, AFL players in Tom Lonergan Geelong and Robbie Gray Port Adelaide. Tamsyn (Lewis) Manou one of Australian greatest ever Athletes. Mark Beretta – Channel 7 Sunrisesports reporter. Stephen Quartermain – Network Ten Anchor. Tony Jones – Channel Nine Sports Reporter to name a few.
- ZRF Patron in Mr Ray Hadley who is huge supporter of organ and tissue donation in Australia.
- Each year ZRF has direct contact with over 5plus Million Australian’s via the events and campaigns we deliver each year.
- ZRF markets to a wide demographic in all ages, all religions, into all regional and metropolitan cities.
- ZRF is a charity that operates independently that does not receive any funding from Government.
- ZRF is the only Australian charity in this space that has obtained overseas support.
- ZRF is the only charity that has conducted national TV and Radio adverts over the years to promote this subject and these are still run today.
- ZRF has placed Zaidee’s Plaques in many of our national hospitals in the ICU or Emergency wards with a silent message to inspire others to become donors at the end of life.
- ZRF has become a Charity Partner to many sporting teams and major national events, asking them to help drive the campaign with their members for many years.
- ZRF has handed out well over 155,000 donor registration forms in the past 9 years.
- ZRF has given away over 250,000 Zaidee’s Kids Donor Cards to children below the age of 16 years, a unique way to start a discussion with children.
- Zaidee’s Story has been presented to hundreds of schools nationally, community groups corporate events and major sporting events over the past 9 years.
- ZRF has developed some of Australia’s most unique campaigns to draw attention to this subject, such as Zaidee’s Rainbow Hair Net Day, Zaidee’s Jockey Breeches, Zaidee’s Custom Triumph Motorbike, Zaidee’s Confectionary, Zaidee’s Wine, Zaidee Water and our famous Zaidee’s Rainbow Shoelaces plus others, to many to list.
We have never stopped or given up when times have been hard or funds have been low.
We have never taken no for an answer or the saying, “It can not be done”, as we find a way for it to be done always.
Our reach is endless and our motivation and desire to make a real difference will never stop.
The support in which we obtain from community has never waived and continues to build as we develop as a Foundation.
It is incredible to think how a simple pair of rainbow shoelaces has allowed the Foundation to grow and keep growing for many years to come.
Most of all how the story and memory of a little girl called Zaidee Rose Alexander Turner has made a real impact on what this country needs to do to help increase the education and awareness of organ and tissue donor rates in Australia and beyond.
If this is what has happened in the past 10 years then strap yourself in, as for the next 10 years, plans are already in place to make an even larger impact.