In our third year now the 2013 game will be in Adelaide in Round 16 when the two will battle out for the Zaidee Trophy, Hawthorn winning the past two games and current holding of the Zaidee Trophy.
The is an enormous event for Zaidee’s Rainbow Foundation, with promotion of the day exceeding all expectations;
- Hawks coach Alistair Clarkson spoke of the game on One Week at a Time (OneHD) on Monday August 8. Clarkson had the match ball for display, which showed the rainbow laces that were used in the Sherrin.
- Shane Crawford promoted the match and the Foundation on the Thursday August 11 episode of The Footy Show on Channel Nine. Click here to watch the segment
- Neil Mitchell interviewed CEO Allan Turner on 3AW on Friday August 12.
- The Saturday Herald Sun, August 13, featured an article on the foundation and the match.
- Allan Turner was interviewed live on-air during the match day broadcasts of SEN, 774 ABC and 5AA. All other match-day broadcasts significantly promoted the Foundation.
- Channel 10 heavily promoted the Foundation during their match broadcast.
- Hawks star Jordan Lewis promoted the Foundation on Before the Game, August 13, on Channel Ten, showing off The Zaidee Trophy.
- The Hawthorn Football Club kindly auctioned off the match ball, with all proceeds going to Zaidee’s. The winning bid was $570.